...I have decided to blog once again.. about bowel movements!!
what does an optimal bowel movement look like???
it should be missile-shaped!
Whether you are someone who already maintains optimal digestion.. or you are thriving to achieve optimal digestion, I would like to include some handy tips for improving digesting!!
- eat only when hungry
- start your day with a glass of room temperature/warm water
- eat in a calm, seated, and settled environment
- eat at a moderate pace
- chew your food well and be mindful of its smells, tastes, and textures
- eat freshly cooked meals - avoid leftovers and stale, processed foods
- sip a little warm water thru out meals
- allow a few minutes after eating to relax
- try to eat your biggest meal at lunchtime when digestion is strongest
- allow a few hours in-between meals
- allow at least 2 hours between dinner and bedtime
- sip warm water thru out the day
- try not to eat on the run or in the car
- avoid ice-cold foods and drinks
- eat in a neutral or positive environment
- give thanks that went into growing, harvesting, and preparing your food <3
**i realize that some of these are near impossible for a multitude of reasons...
Fiber is also a great way to achieve optimal bowel movements!!!..
..but in an effort to hold your attention, we will talk about fiber next time!!
Happy Pooping!! (: